Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Happy Heart

Delaney's first lollipop! YUM!
She spent more time exploring it than eating it. Hannah gave up on her little sister and gobbled both lollipops up.
My parents received a special (live!) delivery. Look at those claws!
Daddy handed out special valentines at dinner.


We gave Hannah a new book for Valentine's Day. My Happy Heart is simply written for small children, but I love the message so much that I want to post it here. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I wish you love.

Does love come wrapped in ribbons and bows?
Is it something you buy?
Or something that grows?
What is love, do you suppose?
Love is... when you jump and shout
and dance and sing and let it out!
Yes that's love. That's for sure!
And love is something even more...
Love is... three words: "I love you".
And love is something that you do.
Yes that's love.
That's for sure!
And love is something
even more...
Love is... being kind whatever you do...
Like saying sorry if I hurt you.
And love makes up when we fight
Because love forgives, yes that's right!
Love's a gift. Yes, it's true!
Who's it for? ME and YOU!
Love never ends... yes it's true!
The more you give, the more for you!
Yes, love grows! (Boy, you're smart!)
Not on trees, but in your heart!
What is love?
Where does it start?
Love comes from God...
and fills my heart!

"God is love."
1 John 4:16
Added on 2/18: Several of you have asked me about this book. I found it at our local Christian bookstore but here is the amazon link.

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love all your wonderful pictures, you have captured great family adventures. They are priceless!

What fun we had sharing in Delaney's first Valentine's day along with her first tastey lollipop. Although Hannah did not share our enthusiasm for our clawed friends, I'm sure one day she's savor these crustations as her Gram & Pop do!

We love the message from Hannah's new book, love and a happy heart are His precious gifts to us and we are so thankful!!

Love ya, Gram & Pop xoxo

TomJeanMeganJustin said...

I want to buy the book! Thanks for the pics and the message.