Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Grover Friends

One of the scariest things about being a teenager is having to choose a college, and thus a path for one's life. I remember being quite clueless about what I wanted to do with my life and where I wanted to study. In fact, the day before I left for my freshman year at Grove City College, my parents literally "threw the book at me" and told me to choose a major. Ha! I had applied as a biology major, hoping to eventually pursue marine biology. There's no marine life in western PA. Finally I declared, "Well, I guess I'd like to study elementary education." And the rest of that story is history. But my point here (sorry, I got a little off track) is that going to college is like taking a leap of faith. Most freshmen arrive on campus scared and feeling completely alone.

But here it is, years later, and I see clearly how God's perfect plan has unfolded for me. Bryan and I met the second day of freshman year. Two weeks ago we celebrated our 17th Valentine's Day together. This past weekend we got together with college friends to reminisce, fellowship, and celebrate just being together. The last time we were together, Matt was still a bachelor and none of us had kids!!! I am thankful for these friends with whom we are bonded together by our history, our faith, and our love for one another.


Here are just a few of the pictures we took.

Bob, Bryan, and Matt

Jen (Bob's wife), me, and Melissa (Matt's wife)


The kids (minus Hannah. She was hopping around with her bunny ears on).

A future Grover? Her sweatshirt says so, although you can't read it here.

Only God knows what's in store for her!
post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grove City College would be (and should be) very proud of this fine group of it's graduates!!! I'm sure they are looking forward to these future students.

Parents of GCC graduates and Gram & Pop to future "Grovers"