Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A twilight surprise

I took Delaney outside this evening to say "goodnight" to Bryan, who was working in the yard. I looked up and saw the most beautiful display that I have seen in quite a while. There was a double rainbow in the east (the one on the left is very faint), and a gorgeous sunset in the west. I couldn't take my eyes off of either and kept turning from one to the other to stare in awe. The funny thing is that it hadn't even started to rain at that point. I always think of a rainbow as appearing after a rainstorm. This one came before. Just another little surprise from God... He never ceases to amaze me. He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth— the LORD God Almighty is his name.
Amos 4:13

3 comments:

Linda said...

We were driving home from soccer practice and enjoyed the view as well. It was remarkable!

Anonymous said...

Elijah saw the rainbow out the window and brought it to our attention too. He was so excited and even called my uncle on the phone so he could look too. It was one of the best rainbows I've ever seen. God is amazing! The pictures we took didn't do the sunset or the rainbow justice, but it was a beautiful display of God's splendor.

Anonymous said...

We thank the Lord for His awesome works!!!! What beautiful gifts He provides for us!!!!