Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Delaney's first haircut

I took Hannah and Delaney to my salon today to get their hair cut. This was a first for Delaney, and I could tell that she wasn't sure what to make of the whole thing. She was very quiet the whole drive there, and as soon as we walked in she tightly gripped my hand and told me that she wanted to go home. now. uh-oh. So, we watched Hannah get her hair washed "like a big girl" and cut "like a big girl" and blown out "like a big girl"... you get the idea. Corrine is the best. She is so meticulous and patient.
Delaney helped out by feeding Emma (who, by the way, sat quietly in the stroller the entire time. She is the BEST baby!)So after 30 minutes of going back and forth between "yes" and "no", our (getting braver!) brave girl climbed up onto the elevated chair at the sink and never looked back. I did let her keep her pacifier, which I personally cannot stand, but it helped a lot and my sweet Delaney never once batted an eye. She just smiled occasionally, like she was proud of herself. Every girl needs a little pampering, right?!Ta-da!
I must have heard, "Hey, Mom! I got my hair cut!!!" 16 times on the drive home.Two freshly-cut cuties. Hooray!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is Emma??? Can't imagine why she didn't get her hair cut too!!!! Guess we'll just have to wait awhile and she can join her sisters and get her first haircut!! Hannah & Delaney look adorable!!!!!! (I'm not bragging, I'm just their Gram, I'm allowed to do that!!!!)