Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Family weekend away

This past weekend we packed up our lives and headed to Jim Thorpe, PA, for a weekend away with friends. I have to say that I had been very anxious about taking our 3 small children to a house filled with 31 people. Bryan and I weren't sure what to expect, and I have to admit that I pictured all of us crammed in a log cabin in the woods in the pouring rain all weekend. Taking a bit of comfort in the fact that the house was only 50 minutes away, I reluctantly packed all the girls and half-expected us to wind up coming home on Saturday instead of Sunday. So! We arrived at a gate for which we needed a secret code to enter. Then, we drove almost a mile up a very winding and beautiful drive. There were no homes in sight. Anywhere. Then, we saw this: We arrived at the palace first and had a chance to get inside and look around before everyone arrived. Do I look anxious?Nope. Nor did Emma. She spent much of the weekend chirping loudly and laughing at the echoes she knew came from her. (The ceiling was probably 30 feet on the main level)These are my girlies. The panoramic views were breath-taking, and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful.We spent the time eating, talking, playing games, roasting s'mores, stargazing, and making memories. God's blessings were flowing all around us, for sure.Being silly.We all enjoyed walking up and down the long, winding drive. The kids rode scooters and chased butterflies all weekend long.The guys played as much as the kids! Bryan even played Manhunt with the kids at night... not an easy task on 200 acres in the dark!The scenery changed with the light. I couldn't take enough pictures.Most of the boys.Dinnertime. I forgot to mention above that the house had 6 huge bedrooms, each with its own private bath. Bryan relaxing with Emma, and showing off his third tattoo.This picture may look vaguely familiar.Caterpillars and other items from nature. I forgot to take a picture of the box turtle I found. The girls named him "Spotty Candy Eater". He was happy when I secretly took him up to the woods and set him free!We all had an absolute blast, and we can't wait to go back next year!!

post signature

5 comments:

Linda said...

What an awesome little getaway with friends! Wow, is that lodge for rent?

Grandma said...

Fantastic surroundings, great pictures and I want to rent it, too!!!

Love & hugs,
Grandma

Daisy said...

ok, I have to get the info on that place- our small group has been wanting to get away together for several years, and we can't seem to make the plans.

Susan said...

It was awesome! I totally agree! Those pics were great Heather! Love you xoxoxo

mhunter said...

what a sweet getaway time and with the kids even! glad it was fun and not stressful and the girls had a great time!